Now that we got you excited about the Forkly 2.1 update, let’s look at how you can become the Tastemaker of your favorite restaurants!
What is a Tastemaker?
A Tastemaker is an establishment’s most influential Forkly user. Tastemaker status is based on a number of contributing factors including:
- You have the highest number of points at a venue.
- How many “wants” you received on items you rated there.
- How many people are talking about it within the app, on Facebook & on Twitter
- How frequently you dine there, etc.
You can see the places you’re the Tastemaker at in your profile:
I want more Forkly points! How do I get them?
The most obvious ways to gain more Forkly points:
- When someone wants your tastes
- When your tastes become popular i.e has received enough wants, we’ll give you bonus points
- When someone tastes and rates something that they discovered through you (by wanting it) we’ll give you points if they end up liking it or loving it
There are other ways to increase your Forkly influence & to become a Tastemaker, but we’ll leave it up to you to discover them.
What do I do with all these points?
Soon enough, Tastemakers will actually receive perks from certain restaurants/bars for being a Tastemaker– so start building up those points, connect with other users, and support local businesses! Share your triumph (literally, if you turn on the sound, you’re in for a treat when you become Tastemaker of a place!) by posting your Tastemaker status on Twitter and Facebook.