Somewhere along the line, our relationship with food broke down - Jamie Oliver
What is Food Revolution Day?! The Jamie Oliver Foundation explains:
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation launches its first-ever Food Revolution Day this Saturday, May 19 to inspire, educate, and empower people everywhere to stand up for real food. The weekend of events will bring together an international community of foodies, chefs, parents, educators, companies, activists, and celebrities to arm people with the knowledge and tools to make healthier food choices.
Food Revolution Day will inspire people around the world to make small, simple changes that will lead to healthier lives. Recent reports by the Institute of Medicine and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reveal that two-thirds of U.S. adults and almost a third of children are either overweight or obese. It is predicted that by 2030, 42% of adult Americans will be obese.
You can visit foodrevolutionday.com to find and create local food events, sign up to host a dinner party, and request to bring food education to your school or workplace. More than 140 cities nationwide from New York and Chicago to Kennesaw, GA, are taking action.
Below are just a few social dinner events that we’ve found for you to participate in this Saturday but keep in mind that there are hundreds of events across the globe, so you can always find one near you.
- Duo in Denver, CO
- Greensquare Tavern in New York, NY
- Ferry Building in San Francisco, CA
- Starbelly in San Francisco, CA
- Chaya Brasserie in Los Angeles, CA
- Karyn’s on Green in Chicago, IL
- Church of Boston in Boston, MA
- Feast in San Antonio, TX
- Urban PL8 in Atlanta, GA
- The Cake Table in London, UK
- Apron Party in Cascais, Portugal
- Cafe Grande FRD Special in Montreal, Canada
- BETTER burger THAN fastfood in Dusseldorf, Germany
- Cook Up a Storm at Good Guys Narre Warren in Narre Warren, Australia
- Disco Salade Revolution in L’Île-Saint-Denis, France
- Food Revolution and Yoga in Budapest, Hungary
Not able to attend? No problem! There will also be Google+ Hangouts On Air, so you can catch Jamie Oliver’s dinner party with some lucky fans and supporters in a live, multi-person video conversation. Tune into the broadcast at 8:00 P.M. EDT from Food Revolution’s Google+ page. It will also be shown live on the homepage of foodrevolutionday.com AND youtube.com/foodrevolution.
Spread the word and happy, healthy eating!